The Immunization Policy at Hutchinson Community College is intended to protect the campus and community from illness and disease. Hutchinson Community College requires the listed students to provide proof of the following immunizations:
HUTCHCC Residence Hall Students
- Two doses of Measles, Mumps and Rubella Vaccine (MMR)
- Meningitis vaccination or signed waiver
HUTCHCC Paramedic Students
- Two doses of Measles, Mumps and Rubella Vaccine (MMR)—require titers for positive immunity or physician’s documentation of disease.
- One dose of Tdap within last 10 years
- Two doses of Varicella (Chickenpox)— or positive titer for immunity or physician’s documentation of disease.
- Three doses of Hepatitis B or signed waiver or successful titer completed within last year
- Tuberculin skin test (PPD) within 1 year of enrollment - chest x-ray is required if skin test is positive
- Drug Screen (at a minimum, show negative results for amphetamines, barbiturates, benzodiazepines, opiates, fentanyl analogues, marijuana, methadone, meperidine and cocaine)
- Flu shot for Fall and Spring semester (October 1 thru March 31) if will be in clinicals.
HUTCHCC EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) Students
- Tuberculin skin test (PPD) within 1 year of enrollment – chest x-ray is required if skin test is positive
HUTCHCC Allied Health Students (Including RRT)
- Negative TB
- Chest x-ray or Mantoux tuberculin skin test – 2 step method unless evidence of yearly test (annual requirement) Negative TB skin test within the last 12 months; or
- Negative Quantiferon / T-spot within the last 12 months; or
- Negative chest x-ray within the last 12 months.
- Immunization for tetanus and diphtheria within last ten (10) years
- MMR immunization or positive measles, mumps, rubella titer (if born in 1957 or after, documentation of two (2) MMRs)
- Evidence of immunity to Pertussis by receipt of a single dose of Tdap (ADACEL™). Those aged less than 64 who do not have documentation of Tdap immunization should receive a single dose of Tdap if it has been at least 2 years since receipt of a tetanus toxoid-containing vaccine.
- Hepatitis B vaccine
- Influenza (recommended yearly- when available in fall)
- Physician documentation of chickenpox or titer or two doses of Varicella
Early Childhood Education (Child Care Internship)
- Tuberculin skin test (PPD) - chest x-ray is required if skin test is positive